-A brief history of GST, HST and how it affects new residential real estate
-The definition of NEW construction, differences between Provincial and Federal interpretation and the impact on residential property sales
- The GST/HST New Housing Rebate for Houses Purchased from a Builder
- who claims the rebate
- can multiple ownership create issues?
- ASSIGNMENT and the HST implications
- what to know if you represent the assignee or the assignor
- the definition of a builder and some ‘mine fields’ to consider if representing a small builder
The GST/HST New Residential Rental Property Rebate
- who is eligible for the rebate…are foreign investors and corporations eligible?
- who must be the first occupant?
- what must be in place to claim the rebate?
-The GST/HST New Housing Rebate for Owner Built Houses
- the definition of substantial renovation
- the difference between being able to claim $16,080 and $24,000
- what must be provided to claim the rebate and time limitations